Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2005, 07:44 PM   #1

Newbie Review: Acid Nasty

Hello everyone. I was invited here some time ago by Servicerifle. You'll have to forgive the simplicity of my review, as I'm very new to cigars. Now, onto the review:

I've had Acids before, namely two Cold Infusion Teas and one Roam. I liked them both - they were smooth and relaxing and had a unique smooth taste.

I decided to try the Nasty it because it looked interesting and I love Maduros (I had an Ashton Churchill, it was great!). It lit up very easily. It wasn't difficult to draw. The aroma was great, as with the other Acids I have tried, but the taste left a LOT to be desired. Unlike the Cold or the Roam, I found the "perfumy" taste of the cigar to be overwhelming. There was little real tobacco taste. I would imagined it similar to smoking incense.

About halfway through the flavor got a little tamer and the actual tobacco came through. From the midpoint until finish it was a moderately enjoyable cigar - but still, nothing I would ever purchase.

The draw was easy and smooth. The burn was fairly even. It seemed well constructed. The aftertaste was unpleasant. The biggest upside was I smelled better after the cigar than before it. Perhaps one could use a Nasty as a cologn/perfume?

My final rating: D+.