Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
bsslack
Herf Meister

Electronic Cigar Review

This is an unusual situation.
A Guy that I have known for several years opened His own Smoke/Cigar Shop this week and I've gladly given Him my humble opinion on a few things, as He is a cigarette smoker not a cigar smoker. When I went in to be His "First Customer" I was too late!

So, I picked up a few smokes and before I left He presented me with a nice unmarked container. He then asked me to evaluate it, so He can decide whether or not to carry them. It's an Electronic Cigar that simulates the heft and size of a cigar. It is obviously heavier than a regular cigar. It is powered by a single rechargeable nicad AAA battery, it came with two batteries and a charger. That this item is more geared to the European Market is obvious, because the charger can convert to 220volts. The E-Cigar Is very much like the E-Cig, in operation. The Cartridge fits in the back and the battery is up front. When You draw on the Mouthpiece, the Battery activates the system which atomizes an amount of the material and steams it into Your mouth as You inhale. If You hold it in Your mouth You can exhale the "smoke" (actually mostly water vapor) If You draw it into Your lungs You get almost no vapor on the exhale. I think the jury is still out on the whole second hand smoke deal, but here it's irrelevant. The Cartridge's come in High, Medium, Low and Zero Nicotine levels. The theory being, That You, as a "Tobacco Addict" You can start off at the High Nic cartridge level and over time reduce to the Zero Cartridge. Thus shedding the Yolk of addiction. While still sticking something in Your mouth for fun. FWIW- This is no cheaply made toy. It is well made and solid in the hand. All of the pieces come in a fitted box and it comes with the five (5) assorted cartridges to start with. The Owner/Operators manual is fairly thorough. They do make the case for "purified nicotine" without all of the other "Dangerous Chemicals" in combustible Cigarettes argument in the Booklet. Clearly they DO Want You to continue to buy the cartridges. As far as the devise itself, it's a nice piece of engineering, as far as that goes.

The deal here, is that something unneeded is added and something needed is missing.

My First Question when I got it was, "What about the Flavor?"

That's actually where this all falls apart. THERE IS ZERO FLAVOR! Actually that's not precisely correct. There is a flavor....Sorry Dug-Dawg it's not Azz...It's a coppery after taste in Your mouth.

So, What's the point right?

There are only two possible uses that I could fathom for this product.

One: To use as an irritant to the Overbearing Zealots, those Holier than Thou non-smoking, Who cares about Your rights, this is all about ME! Those Walking and Talking Pains in Our Collective Azz! The Very same "If it saves one Miniature Myopic Marmoset in Mozambique, it's worth it. " type peoples. To be able to bring this baby to your lips take a big puff or two inside any building and then wait for the Tsunami like Wave of Self-Righteous Do Gooding Azz-Smerks to start rolling in on You, then To tell'em All "Mind Your Own Damn Business, Jerk-Off!" Then Smile in the Knowledge, that there are some of Life's Simple Pleasures, like this, left to enjoy.

Two: To make Cigars Smokers Addicted to Nicotine.

Overall a complete disappointment, it's a E-Cig dressed up to look like a cigar, but it totally misses what a Real Hand Rolled Cigar is all about.........Flavor and Relaxing and Enjoyment.

Here is a Website with Photo's of the Rig.

http://www.e-cigarettedirect.com/pro...nic-Cigar.html

All I got is a bad nicotine buzz and that funny feelin in the pit of my stomach. (Funny, Hmmmmm not funny Ha Ha)

I do believe that the Great Bard Snoopy said it best........................BLEAH!

If there be any doubt to my assessment of this product, I can state with conviction.....It's a Big No from me.

Cheers!

slack

PS: I also researched a few other types of E-Cigars (There are several types) and they "sort of" had flavor......Cherry, Menthol that kind of crap. One link said it had flavor options of "English" and "Cuban" "Who loves Yababy!" You know who You are. Just coverin the bases in in the interests of full disclosure.

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody

Last edited by bsslack; 10-30-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Cherry bomb
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote