Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
TheSaint
Club Member

Supervisor Selection

Size-Robusto 5 X 58
Wrapper-Nicaraguan
Binder-Costa Rican
Filler-Colombian,Nicaraguan,Mexican,Honduran

Pre-Light: Dark wrapper with spotches of black, I'd call it maduro...but they don't. Wonderful aroma and a great looking cigar overall.

First Impressions: BAM, big blast of rich black tobacco with strong leather and spice. Burn is off, I suspect two things- 1. Ring Gauge, 58 is big, damn big because of this it may have not had a perfect light. 2. The wrapper is oddly enough thin, I don't know if I'd gone with this wrapper, I might have done a Conn. broadleaf or Brazilian Mata Fina.

Half-time: Loads of spice and dark tobacco mixes with coffee. The ash is a little flaky, the burn, after a minor touch up is good. This cigar puts out lots of rich smelling smoke.

The Finish: Continues to be rich and full flavored, great burn and superb aroma. When I got down to the last 3 inces or so I heard a crack, sure enough there was a small split( I've noticed this in a couple of others I've smoked).

The Summery: WOW, what a great smoke! Full, rich, spicy and very tasty. I don't know if these are AB Maxx seconds (as I've never had firsts), but either way these are excellent cigars! The price is another good reason to pick some up. FSS has these for around 50 bucks for 20, I got them at the FSS auction, 3 bundles for $110. Buy some of these.....wait, don't let me have them all.....muhahahaha

Halo Chart-
Construction=8
Strength=8
Value=9