Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
bsk
Club Member

H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Toro

H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Toro
54 X 6.00
Age unknown, been sitting in my main humidor for 2 to 3 years.

The cigar is nicely presented with the cedar wrap and banding. The Cameroon wrapper was a dandy, medium brown in color and highly toothed. The construction was solid, the pre-light draw being just a bit tight.

The cigar lit OK but the tighter draw made it difficult to get as much smoke as I like. The first 1/4 inch or so was NOT GOOD. Bitter and nasty. I almost bailed out, but decided to stick with it, and I'm glad I did.

Once it hit about 1/2 inch in the cigar just bloomed. It began to deliver a really nice medium bodied sweet tobacco, cedary smoke. Smooth and creamy. As the cigar burned down the draw started to open up and by mid-point was delivering loads of smoke. The flavor stayed consistent about 2/3 the way through. At which point the cedar and tobacco sweetness gave way to a more earthy tobacco profile and the strength increased a couple notches. Straight burn all the way down. By the time I nubbed it I was sure glad I stuck with it.

If I could use only one word to describe this cigar it would be: Pleasant.

Once the cigar settled in it fit perfect with my mid morning coffee on the front porch with the newspaper.

I'm not going to rush out and buy a box, but I sure won't avoid this brand. A tasty, smooth medium body smoke.

It gets the bsk thumbs-UP.
bsk is offline   Reply With Quote