Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2004, 06:43 AM   #1
davo1

don Carlos Double Robusto

Since this is my first review here I’ll try and give this fine cigar some justice.

The appearance of this cigar was beautiful. Smooth, small veined, and a milk chocolate color. The cigar had a slightly oily touch with a silky feel.

The cut was clean with no unraveling.

The initial lighting was quick, even, and a few puffs later was developing a nice grey/white ash. The burn was even throughout the whole cigar, never having to relight.

IMO this was a medium bodied cigar with a mild sweet taste to the smoke which slowly built to the end, never turning bitter or harsh. The smoke was a creamy color and my friends around the table said the cigar smelled good (which I take as a compliment from a cigarette smoker. Even let them take a couple of puffs. Trying to convert them.).

Give this one a out of five.

Definitely going to try this with a Knob Creek Bourbon. I’m ordering a second box of Don Carlos; maybe try a torpedo or the belicoso.

That’s all,

Dave