Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
pinto

Davidoff 100th Diademas Finas

Picked up a few of these beauties last week and couldn't hold off smoking one any longer.

Cigar: Davidoff 100th Anniversary Diademas Finas
Drink: Mount Gay Mojito
Background: Phillies Game on Radio and Dog chasing birds

Appearance: Beautiful claro color, perfect construction, 1 small smooth vein runs entire length, smooth texture, very solid feel
Size: 6.75 x 50

Clipped the end and found a easy draw for such solid construction, sweet white smoke billows with slow, soft draws. Very smooth to start with a nice leathery accent.
The inital ash held for about 3 1/2 inches and was a light grey.
Middle of the cigar grew complex and full bodied, I could feel the nicotine and developed a slight head buzz. The cigar was chugging away delivering mouthfuls of rich, creamy smoke.
The final few inches began to grow harsh and I pitched it with about 2 1/2 inches remaining. The entire cigar only fell into 3 perfect ashes.

Overall, this was a very good cigar, not quite worth the $23 price tag, but I think a few of years of age will make this an incredible cigar. Although there was no ammonia taste, I could tell the cigar was "young" and will only improve with age.

Conclusion: Although I enjoyed it greatly, at this point and based on the for the $$$ I'm going to pick up a few more , and put them to sleep in the humi for a few years.

-"The bottle was dusty, but the liquor was clean"

Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
pinto is offline   Reply With Quote