Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:05 AM   #1
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

Pipe smokig im the summer

It has been just too warm for me to smoke a pipe now. When the weather gets hot and humid, I find pipe smoking just doesn't grab me like in the fall or cooler weather. If it gets too hot, even cigar smoking gets put aside. What about you guys? Is summer time too hot to smoke your pipes?
Old 06-05-2016, 12:48 PM   #2
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

As long as I have shade and a cold drink, hot days do not deter me from smoking pipes and cigars.
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:49 AM   #3
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

I tend toward the pipes more in summer. When I'm tending the grill, etc, putting down and picking up, it's easier to relight a pipe than fuss with a cigar sometimes.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:06 AM   #4
Skeeter

There was a time when I could smoke freely in the house. Not anymore. That's not to say I don't, but I try to keep on the good side of the landlord. I'll take a shade tree and a cold drink on a hot summer day over a cold winter day anytime.

I know some guys have their "summertime blends" and smoke lighter in the summer while favoring the heavier blends in the colder months. VA's in the summer, Lat bombs in the winter, etc. I don't necessarily do that unless I know the Landlord is coming to call. Then I always make sure the last bowl smoked before he shows up is something like Molto Dolce where it's all about the room note.
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote