Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2015, 06:34 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

IPCPR Cigar: Nomad Esteli Lot 8613

I'm not sure this cigar would qualify as a new release for the trade show, but was released earlier this year and was the product given as a sample from the good folks at Nomad. I was not familiar with their line of cigars, and to be honest, had no expectations (good or bad) before lighting up. This cigar was accompanied by an information card which was nice to have while enjoying the smoke.
Nomad Esteli Lot 8613: Robusto (5x50)
Wrapper:Ecuadorian Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Factory: Tabacalera AJ Fernandez

The wrapper on this sample is a smooth, medium brown with a slight sheen to it. As I remove the foot band I take a closer look and admire what looks to be a well-constructed cigar, with no noticeable veins, nice seamless cap, firm "feel" with a nice spring to it with no soft spots. I take a little whiff of the open foot and get a nice sweet earthy aroma.

Lighting up, I get a NICE balance of spice and sweetness.....trying to describe that sweetness....I would say perhaps dates? At any rate I am enjoying my initial sensations! The second thing that impresses me here is the large amount of smoke this cigar produces....very enjoyable so far. The draw is just the way I like it, and the burn is razor sharp......at this point, what's not to like!?

The first one to two inches are very enjoyable, staying true and steady. As I burn into the middle portion of the cigar, the spice subsides just a bit while more of a coffee flavor with a little earthiness steps forward. The spice is still lingering there in the background keeping things interesting for me. This is turning into one of those cigar experiences that you really enjoy....a cigar that you know nothing about, having no preconceived expectations, and finding yourself in the middle of a flavorful joyride.

Heading into the homestretch the flavor shifts again with the spice coming back to the forefront and the cocoa backing off just a little. The strength in the first two thirds have been a solid med-full on my scale, but ramp up a bit to the high side of med-full in this final third. The burn has remained on track throughout, with no touch ups needed at any time. As I neared the end of this smoke I hated to see it end, but was thankful I had found a gem of cigar which had previously been an "unknown" to me.

Highlights of this cigar for me were......the copious amount of smoke produced, the razor sharp burn with a perfect draw, and the nice complexity with a rich and spicy flavor. Based on this one sample (I'll be seeking more!)
I'd give it 4 out of 5 YUMMIES!

Last edited by TommyBB; 08-09-2015 at 11:07 AM.
spiridon is offline   Reply With Quote