Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Cain Maduro

Introduction - I have been waiting for this cigar to go on sale since Sam Leccia mentioned it to me while his NUB Live tour visited Nashua, NH. Sam explained to me this was a triple fermented cigar so the amount of ligero in this cigar would not be overpowering or harsh. The Cain I smoked was a torpedo 6x54.

Appearance - The Cain maduro has a dark maduro wrapper with little or no veins. The band located at the foot of the cigar is simple but nice looking. This cigar felt firm without any soft spots.

Pre-light - The pre-light draw was easy and gave a nice mixture of cocoa, pepper and spice. I noticed right away a tickleing sensation on my tongue as I completed the pre-light draw.

Ash/Burn - The ash was a nice light gray and was nice and firm. I let the ash stay as long as I could which ended up being about three inches before it fell off. I was a little concerned about the draw of this cigar seeing how it's made up of 82% ligero. But the burn was great and I never had to touch it up.

Thoughts - This cigar started out with a nice sweet flavor or cocoa with a little spice on the side. I found this cigar to be rich and complex throughout. After about a half inch I started to pick up some spicey something which I can't describe. As I smoked this cigar the richness of this cigar intensified and the fullness of the ligero tobacco really kicked in. The sweetness was still there but a strong oak flavor picked up. As I neared the end of the cigar I picked up notes of leather added to the flavors I already described. This cigar gave a real flavor ride from beginning to end.

Conclusions - This is easily one of the best maduros I have ever smoked. It's smooth, complex and has a great flavor profile. The Cain is definately a winner. One thing, do not smoke this on an empty stomach or you will pay for it.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote