Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
mrkmitch
Club Member

2001 VR "Farm Fresh Rolled" - A Very Pleasant Surp

It's Sunday afternoon on a winter day....time to rotate the cigars......
Out from the bottom of my Darkside Treats 'dor I find a Vegas Robania "Farm Fresh Rolled" from 2001, one of the cigars from my first buy with a member here, back in 2004 ....I thought these were gone

While watching the end of the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona I enjoyed a Old Pogue Bourbon and an exemplory smoke.

It was :
Marked: "VR Farm Fresh" 2001 (no month), received 9-25-04, smoked 1-27-08
About 5 1/2" X 48-50, with a pigtail foot, a lightly veined, smooth golden-brown wrapper, slightly lighter in color than it's surounding cousins. The cigar was resilent and pliable when lightly pinched. The pre-light aroma was distinctly wet barnyard and earthy.

The double edge cut across the top of a perfect triple cap was straight and clean revealing a variety of brown, golden-brown and umber ends of evenly bunched leaves. the pre-light draw was easy, with tastes of tobacco & earth. The pigtail took to flame evenly.

First flavors tastes were earthy and woody with a light floral hint. Full bodied, producing ample volumes of cream white smoke. The burn was very even, never requiring touch ups.

The middle flavor development intensified the wood to a cedar mellowed with toasted tobacco and warm leather, there was also an slight sweetess like vanilla occassionally.

The nub was very nice and creamy, tosted tobaccos with cedar and leather with a hint of smooth carmel. It was hard to put this one down.
The Old Pogue was a great complement to the smoking experience with this cigar .

At somewhere near 7 years+/- old this was a wonderful smoke and another indication of how aging these treats greatly inhance the taste and pleasure. A much finer smoke now than even a couple of years ago, when I thought I had smoked the last one of these. Sadly, but greatly appreciated, this was the last one I had.