Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2004, 11:04 PM   #1
mroptimistic
Club Member

Oliva Master Blends Robusto

Just got a pair of these today in a bomb from crossbow and have been wanting to try one for so long I skipped the regular 3-5 day resting period for shipped gars and torched one tonight for my midnight smoke.

The cigar had a nice slightly spongy but not soft feel to it, and had an amazing spicy smell to it. Beautifully presented with a gorgeous band and that cool artisan emblem below it.

I torched it and took my first puff. At the beginning of the draw there is a faint sweetness that reminded me of the sugar in the raw stuff you can get (Only place I have actually seen it is starbucks) and then as I released the smoke from my mouth a strong peppery flavor was most prominent. The flavor was very full and complex with many subtle traces of flavor mixed in with the very strong pepper taste. It definately resembled a cuban, with not quite the same twang but the closest I have ever tasted in a non-cuban.

It burned well, requiring a few minor touch-ups most likely due to the almost 20mph winds. Very spicy and definately not recommended on an empty stomach. I hadn't eaten since a light lunch and it definately hit me pretty hard.

Another solid performance from Oliva, I have yet to be dissapointed by their products.