Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
bolivar

San Cristobal Clasico

San Cristobal Clasico (5x50 ) All Nicaraguan with a natural wrapper.
Some of this will be repetitive from other reviews. But the info may help in gauging consistency from what others may have seen.
The wrapper is very dark. I thought that I picked up a maduro. The wrapper is shiny from oil and is very smooth.
Looking at the foot showed a well bunched cigar. Nice attention to detail.
The prelight draw was very easy. It worried me at first but once lit the draw was easy but with a nice touch of resistance.
The smoke lit easily with a very dark silver\grey and black ash. It burned very well the entire way through. When I would ash the bunch showed a nice even burn. The smoke was virtually even. It likely would've been if it wasn't for me smoking a little fast.
The taste was as if I took a bite of chocolate and then a drink from a very nice medium to bold coffee. There is a nice ripe fruit taste to go along with it. The fruit taste wasn't as predominate. There was also the taste of burnt hardwood that gives that nice smokey\spicy taste which was about equal in strength to the coffee\chocolate taste. There was no bitterness or harshness to this cigar at all. Lovely.
The smoke which came off the smoke directly wasn't harsh and could be enjoyed on its own.
The finish is very nice. I don't have the urge to have food and brush my teeth to get the taste out.
If consistent, I will buy these cigars without reservation.
bolivar is offline   Reply With Quote