Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2003, 02:49 PM   #1
ParaGod
Club Member

Vintage Cushman Ashtray Stand, Info wanted

I bought this Ashtray stand 5 years ago. It appears to be quite old. It is solid wood, I have no idea what type of wood, it has a nice patina(sp) to the wood, it looks well aged. The height is roughly 32 inches tall. The top ashtray part, has a dark grey felt in the ashtray spot, plus 3 metallic cigar/cigarette holders, and a lighter holder. The whole bottom base is square as is the post holding the top ashtray. It did not come with the ashtray. Under the top ashtray base, there is a manufacturer sticker with "A Genuine Cushman Colonial Creation, made in Bennington, VT" The color of the stand is a rosey warm wood color. The only major flaw that I could find was that one of the cigar holders (a U shaped flattened metal piece) was broken off and glued back to the screw post. If anybody has any info on these I would greatly appreciate it. Ohh yeah, I paid 45 dollars for it back than. It is a little dusty, but I am getting it cleaned today, and NO I will not be using any abrasives. I will be using only Murphy's Soap, and Lemon Oil to clean it. I looked on the web and found these websites. Plus on the very bottom there are 2 stamps ingraved into the wood
"Cushman" and "1000" I would assume that the 1000 is the model number.

http://www.benningtonmuseum.org/cushman.html

http://www.cushmancolonialcreations.com/history.htm

It looks like the ashtray was made somewhere between. 1933 and 1963.
ParaGod is offline   Reply With Quote