Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #21
xavier
Club Member

Ernesto Carrillo from La Gloria Cubana,
Litto Gomez from La Flor Dominicana
and Eladio Diaz, master blender for Henke Kelner at Tabadom and now Davidoff

I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, where rumors, true or false, are often revealing...Col Hans Landa
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:40 AM   #22
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier View Post
Ernesto Carrillo from La Gloria Cubana,
Litto Gomez from La Flor Dominicana
and Eladio Diaz, master blender for Henke Kelner at Tabadom and now Davidoff
Raffi, it is damn good to see you here, my friend! I hope you're well.

Ernesto left La Gloria and General. After sitting out a year, he formed his own company EPC, and José Blanco works for him.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #23
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

Whoever blends BLTC cigars seems to know what they're doing
JLOH #19
ak2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #24
bsslack
Herf Meister

...... Monsignor A. J. Fernandez

......Maestro Don Pepin Garcia

......Sir Litto Gomez

......are some of my current Favorites. Plus, there are individual cigars from half a dozen other blenders that I really like. But, these Three are multiple threat guys. They really have that hand rolled tobacco profile magic that my flavor receptors just love.

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #25
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Want to know the secret to choosing the best blender?

Ignore the one trick ponies. A maker has to be capable of a wide range of good products, with very different characteristics for each blend.

Did villazon and company truly have the best blender? I don't know, it seemed to me that there were huge similarities and not so much difference. Not to belittle the blenders who can make a great cigar, even if the entire line and production happens to be limited in scope, but the ability to work a half dozen grapes during a single vintage and get good results out of each varietal is a true sign of mastery.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:02 AM   #26
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

I don't totally disagree, Brian, but everyone has a miss. And you have to give just about everyone time to grow. Example: I don't love everything by Don Pepin. Everyone can't love everything. So when a new one comes out, you have to do some research after you've smoked it and like it. Some guys are not blenders, they're marketers, and when you know that you go in knowing that Cigar X might be a one hit wonder....
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #27
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Don't take it too literally, john, because there is also, as you said, the element of intangibles with it. Subjective elements. A good blender and a good range of products depends on who defines it, how many thousands of people can see the skills and define them.

But the key remains that making a consistent product from one year to the next is a challenge in itself, being able to take tobaccos from various fields and vintages to create the same punch every year is masterful. it's a technical achievement. Being like pepin or aj, being able to create different paintings from the same palette is another skill set.

Then you have the greatest blender of them all, hansotia, who has managed to create hundreds of the greatest cigar labels ever made during his limited time on this earth, and he's still going, and just getting better every year. He just put out his most expensive cigar to date. He's an artist. The sort of artist who spits on the wall and frames it.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #28
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2000 View Post
Whoever blends BLTC cigars seems to know what they're doing
James Brown is his name.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote