Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
tfkirk1
Club Member

Thanks Cigar King

Just would like to throw a shout out to a retailer I have been using for a couple of months now https://www.cigarking.com/. I have no affiliation with them. Nice little chat line that I didn't use, I needed to clarify something on a purchase that I was going to order. Instead I called and had great conversation with a man called Gary, my question was answered and explained. Now realize their in Fla. I'm in Pa. with that Nor'easter climbing up the coast. I think you know what my concern was now. I ordered at approx. 5 pm on 01/04/18 and the package and my frozen mailman showed up on my doorstep at approx. 2 pm 01/06/18 I had to sign for the package. I just thought they deserve a little shout out from me for how they seem to appreciate their customers. Thanks guys.

https://www.cigarking.com/
tfkirk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:15 AM   #2
mannish
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkirk1 View Post
Just would like to throw a shout out to a retailer I have been using for a couple of months now https://www.cigarking.com/.
I order occasionally and been happy - I got a 10 of their Cuban Diplomats on a whim not a bad purchase. They are my go to for Cubanacan I keep Chatos on hand for a quick one pre gig usually, also got some Cubanacan maduro lonsdales that I have enjoyed
Old 01-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #3
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I receive their emails, but I don't know if I've ever purchased from them. Maybe I'll check them out again.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

This shop started out in my neck of the woods in Skokie, IL. Family owned by the Hirsch's going back to the 60s AFAIK. Always enjoyed going to the shop, started going there almost 20 years ago. Then Mitch moved the operation to Scottsdale, AZ I think around 15 years ago and his brother Jordy took over the Skokie store. Unfortunately Jordy sold off his end of the business to a new owner last year, so the old Cigar King store in Skokie is no more, I think it's called Big Al's or something along those lines now. I have been buying from their online shop since the original one that was phatash.com, now cigarking.com. Great people, great service, always a good deal to be had.
JLOH #19
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #5
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

that was a nice store in Slokie, too far for me to use as a regular stop, but a very nice store I visited several times, didn't know it had been sold

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote