Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

MUWAT Robusto Gordo

Shadow sent me a couple of these to try. I've always thought the name was too goofy for words, but if a solid brother like Bill is going to be that kind of generous, I'm going to try 'em.

This is a big cigar, like 5x60 big, so it falls well outside my preference zone. Still and all, it was perfectly built - firm, no soft spots, dark wrapper and triple cap expertly applied. The draw was just right, not too loose like I've seen all to often when the RG goes north of 50.

Rather a lot of butane was required to get an even light (no surprise), but once lit it stayed lit, requiring no touch-ups until it got down the halfway mark. Medium-bodied, lots of smoke with gentle draws. Flavors were pretty good, with that distinct profile of quality Nicaraguan tobaccos. Reminded me a little of a Tatuaje Fausto, though somewhat smoother and a tad more complex. Flavors didn't change much as the smoke progressed, just deepened a bit.

In all, a nice cigar despite the girth. Makes me want to try a couple of the Baitfish.

Thanks, Bill!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote