Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
solomr2
Herf Meister

Solomr2 Review - Cuban Crafters Cuba Campana Figurado

This evening I had an opportunity to review this cigar --> LINK

Dimensions: 5½X60

Origins: Sun-grown Cuban-seed Habano filler. Habano 2000 binder. Dark Ecuador Habano wrapper.

This cigar is a beauty to behold, it looks very traditional with a big 60-ring foot that tapers down the length of the cigar to a curly tail cap. The dark maduro wrapper was nearly flawless with a leathery feel and slightly oily sheen. It felt a tad soft, and the draw was a tiny bit easy, but not bad at all.

Upon lighting I was rewarded with volumnous smoke, but the first couple of puffs were peppery and a little harsh. Then a wonderful woody aroma surrounded my terrace and rich earthy flavor came oozing out of the cigar. The flavor had a rich backdrop of aged tobacco, with a melange of sweet wood, spice and cocoa on the tongue. While Cuban Crafters dubs this cigar as full bodied, I would rate it a solid medium.

As I sat on my terrace smoking this impressive looking cigar a stormy breeze came blowing through, rustling my large traveller palms in my yard. As the breeze died down I lost myself a few times in the rich aroma of this cigar, daydreaming about lazy nights at the cottage by a campfire. The flavor remained pretty consistent throughout the cigar, growing in intensity slightly about halfway. There was never any hint of btterness throughout.

This is a satisfying cigar. It seems like a full meal all on its own. After I was done I layed the last 2" butt to rest in the ashtray and sat for a while savoring the faint aroma that was still lingering.

I rated this cigar 45.8 out of 50. I took off some points due to the slightly uneven burn that plagued the first 2/3 of the cigar, which required touchup about 3 times. I would recommend this cigar to intermediate and experienced smokers, but it is probably a little too heavy for beginners IMPO. I think this could very well be the best cigar I have tasted from Cuban Crafters, and it is a world class cigar by any measure.