Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2006, 07:54 AM   #1
Mr. Morbid
Herf Meister

Review: Padilla Hybrid Robusto

First I'm gonna mention the stats of this cigar... This cigar is made in the Dominican Republic its known as a hybrid because it comes from cuban and connecticut seed tobacco... the wrapper is a hybrid connecticut/ecuador cuban seed tobacco and both the binder and filler are Dominican, Nicaraguan, and Honduran. The strength is medium...

Now onto my review... I looked over the construction of the cigar before lighting it with a wooden match. The construction looked pretty good. The cigar burned pretty even all the way though while smoking it. It was pretty smooth. I thought it was more on the mild side but I guess I was wrong because according to the Padilla website its a more of a medium bodied cigar... Around the end of finishing the cigar it becomes somewhat spicy which was interesting... I'm not the type to detect different tastes like chocolate, etc etc... But what I did taste and smell about half way though I could not determine... Over all this is a great cigar...

Thanks again to Frank formerly of Torano now of Padilla for sending me the Padilla samples to taste test and review... I'll be including more reviews of a few other Padilla lines he sent me this weekend...

Correction on construction made... Sorry on my part...

The Gravecast Blog & Podcasts
My Grave Hunting Blog
You Tube
Grave Hunting Videos I've Made
Facebook
My Facebook Page!
Mr. Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote