Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Anodyne
Club Member

Padron 6000 Maduro

Picked up one of these yesterday from a very nice shop in Cornelius, NC. Was going to let it rest a while but the temptation was too strong.

Very nice construction with a veiny wrapper. Not too firm, not too soft. Prelight draw was nice as well.

Was a little difficult to get started but that could have been from the somewhat weak lighter I happened to be using or the fact that it was fresh. Either way, once I got it going, absolutely no relights necessary and perfect burn.

The flavors were nice starting out. Nothing really exceptional, just that typical maduro flavor. Robust yet not too strong. Medium-full is how I would rate it.

After about the half-way point, though, it really started to come alive. Hints of chocolate and a nice thick smoke. I would consider this a pretty complex smoke as the flavors seemed to bounce around and change slightly as it went.

My only complaint was that the finish was a bit tart and rather long. Also, I was surprised at how quickly this belicoso burned. I smoked it to the band and it was really just an hour or so smoke. Not really a bad thing since I didn't really want a long smoke this time but still worth noting.

A very good smoke and, at $6/stick retail, I think I'll probably add this to my occasional smoke list. Also, I suspect with a good deal of age this could be an excellent smoke.

Recommended and I give it and 1/2 out of 5.
Anodyne is offline   Reply With Quote