Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
Conn
Starting Member

Siglo IV Jul 04

I guess I can be considered a lurker as I enjoy the site and knowledge of the fellow BOTL, but rarely post. After last nights experience with a Siglo IV I felt it was time to post another review.

Actually I believe I reviewd this cigar in 3/05 after trying the first from a new box. As I recall it was OK, showing some potential but definately needed more time to rest. Since then I have sampled two additional sticks from this box with similar results. Well..things have changed.....

I was impressed with the feel of this cigar just before clipping the end. It had some heft to it and I was concerned it may be plugged. The pre light draw was slightly tight, the way I prefer. This was a well filled cigar which I knew would provide at least a 90 minute smoking experience...hopefully not mediocre as the last three.

I began the experience with Oregon made Black Butte Porter, and some ice cold Patron Silver. The first few draws provided thick rich smoke and a smooth taste which seemed more refined than the others I tried. Then it hit me, each subsequent draw brought the smooth hint of vanilla and honey. Now being a ten year smoker whose pallette is being refined continually I have questioned some of the different tastes given in reviews. Well, I stand corrected. This cigar delivered an array of flavors but the vanilla honey flavor was constant. It was not overbearing as flavored cigars are, but a subtle pleasant flavor which had me hoping all subsequent cigars in this box will taste. I must not forget the strength of the cigar provided a nice compliment to the affect of the tequila.

All in all this is now up in my overall top three cigars. I have a box of Esplendidos from 05 which I am resting for another year before trying. I bought them based on their reputation, not sure if they have similar profile to the Siglo IV only bigger, but I can only hope.

Anyhow, hope this rookie review is helpful.
Conn is offline   Reply With Quote