Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
moki
Club Member

Tatuaje el Cohote review

Tatuaje el Cohote (4" x 50)

Picture

In continuing with Tatuaje's recent trend of making custom vitolas/blends for vendors, el Cohote (which means "the rocket" in Spanish) is a sawed-off Robusto that was made for Tower Cigar. I don't know what quantity will be made, or when they will be on sale, but the blend is similar to the Tatuaje Unico or Regio... so if you like those cigars, you will invariably like the Cohote.

I'm not usually a fan of shorter cigars, but the Cohete packs an awful lot of taste into a small package. The viso wrapper is a nice oily dark brown, and as is the case with all of Tatuaje's stuff, it's expertly crafted.

The cigar itself is medium bodied, again with a taste profile similar to other blends in Tatuaje's regular line. It had a slightly bitter spice to it in the beginning, which makes me think it's a touch young yet, but developed into an extremely tasty Tatuaje about an inch into smoking it.

The cigar delivers a nice mix of tastes, and would be perfect for someone who likes the Tatuaje flavor profile, but is interested in a shorter smoke. The finish was extremely nice, shaking off the hints of youth, and delivering a light, bittersweet flavor profile, with hints of burnt cedar.