Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2002, 09:05 PM   #1
Herfules
Club Member

Just smoked one of these I picked up from my local shop.

The wrapper was gorgeous. After clipping, I could tell the draw was going to be good.

Upon first lighting, I tasted pepper, extreme pepper. This sucker started so strong I was almost tempted too lay it down. I've never had a cigar that I felt was "too peppery" before. I persevered, and am I glad I did. First, let me say the ash was white with slight gray and the burn was a fine black line. No touch up was needed at all with this cigar.

About 1/2 to 1 inch in the flavor settled down. It became nice. There was a slight sweetness that was pleasant. At some point, it caught my attention and for a brief spell it tasted as close to forbidden fruit as I have tasted in a non-habanos. Subtley.

The last third of this cigar, the flavor became more complex and the sweetness (not annoying) grew more defined. This cigar finished wonderfully.

In the recent past, I've become a little jaded and quite selective about what I will smoke. I would smoke these regularly. I consider this an excellent smoke! Who knows, maybe it was the beer, or my mood, or the company. Probably a little of all of that.

Anyhow, I think I'll do a little research on the best box prices out there.