Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
sucol
Club Member

Litto Gomez Diez Small Batch No.: 3

Litto Gomez Diez Small Batch No. 3

Based on my experience with prior releases of this cigar, I picked up 10 from Burning Leaf. These are churchills, 6.75 x 52 I believe.

The cigar is visually stunning. It is a dark mocha brown, offset by the red and gold band. Construction on all 10 I purchased was perfect - without blemish or flaw. The cigar cut easily and evenly, and had a pleasing, pungent taste in the mouth.

On first lighting, the flavor is full and surprisingly sweet. The sweetness lasts throughout most of the cigar, but is immediately apparent upon lighting. It produces clouds of gray-blue smoke, and has a great aroma.

The truly impressive thing about this cigar is it never fades. I smoked it down well past the band, but the initial sweetness remained, as noted above. It is a strong, full-bodied cigar, but it never overpowers or sours. Also, it burned evenly, which I am pathologically concerned about.

I can not think of another cigar that reminds me of this profile. It's a unique taste that I find exceptional. It seems consistent throughout, yet it varies subtly, growing stronger and more pronounced in the second half. While the sweetness dissipates, the finish is excellent. It's one of those cigars that, as it nears its end, makes my eyes fill with unshed tears,

An extraordinary cigar.

Numerical evaluation:

Appearance: 10/10
Construction: 10/10
Flavor: 19/20
Finish: 9/10
Smoking experience: 19/20
Aroma: 9/10
Overall impression: 19/20

Resultant Final Score: 95/100