Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
NiceAsh
Owner Emeritus

Premium Tequila

So, just got back from another sunny trip to Cabo San Lucas. We stopped in to the local liquor store, La Europea, where they have a fantastic selection of hard liquor and wine. They also offer tastings of many of the different brands. Last time we were in cabo we picked up a bottle of Maestro Tequilero Tequila Anejo and it was consumed way too quickly, before we found out that it was not sold in the States. So, we picked up a new bottle of that, and a couple smaller ones.

While we were browsing I noticed that they had a couple really high end bottles, one of them was Gran Patrón Platinum @ $300/bottle, Don Julio Real @ $350/bottle and Herradura Seleccion Suprema @ $300/bottle.

I have not had the privledge to try any of these "extra" anejos, has anyone out there sampled any of these really high end Tequilas ?

I find that the better ones can be sipped and enjoyed like a fine scotch or brandy.

Tasty stuff