Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
COCHISE

Lew on Flor de Baloney

JR Weekly Special: The Biggest Mistake Ever...
Valid thru Midnight, Wednesday, October 17, 2007, while supplies last.

View this email in a browser.
Take advantage of this offer!
I've made a lot of mistakes in my time, but naming this brand Flor de Baloney was probably the biggest mistake I've ever made. These are guaranteed top-quality, first line Villazon cigars. They are no different in quality than Punch, Hoyo, Rey del Mundo, Excalibur... or any of the other great cigars coming out of this factory.

BUT... apparently people think that because of the name, these are cheap cigars - believe me they ain't. They cost us just as much to buy as anything else coming out of the factory, except of course for the absence of a fancy box.

There are many expensive cigars being sold today and touted as being made with vintage tobaccos that I am confident do not exist. I made this brand as a form of protest against this sort of nonsense. But, apparently I'm the only one that understood the joke. As a result, we have pallets and pallets of these cigars in our warehouse going absolutely nowhere.

Given the fact that a monstrous floor tax may be in the making from our pals in Washington, I've decided to unload these cigars or at least drastically reduce our inventory of them. So - at a dead loss... they are on sale this week at our regular JR Discount price PLUS with the purchase of any bundle of 25 we will give you a second bundle of 25 FREE.

Take my word for this... even if you were the largest importer of cigars in the world (like we are) you still could not buy these cigars at the price we're selling them for.

You win some and you lose some. In this case you win - we lose. I'll get ya next time!

Lew,
We get the joke. But we want to smoke a real cigar brand not just a mock brand as a joke.

Puting 2 nad 2 together it looks like your going after Rocky pretty hard and I as a BOTL don't understand it. You should have just left him alone and let the public decide what to think about it. We take every claim with a grain of salt and then we smoke them to decide what we like.

I talked to Rocky at a B&M opening and he never said he was producing the cigars with tobaccos from the '90 and '92 crop. He said the '90 has a 12 year old wrapper and the '92 has a 10 year old wrapper. Perhaps he had a small amount of tobacco from those years to blend prototypes with back in 2002. Then he kept the name because of the success of the line.

There's no Jamaican tobacco in Jamaican Specials but you haven't retired that name yet....

Just my .02
COCHISE is offline   Reply With Quote