Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2003, 10:34 AM   #1
JDHerfer

Plasencia Reserva Organica

Just tried the Plasencia Reserva Organica that was given out at the Big Smoke. I believe it was their toro - 6 x 50.

Construction was flawless. Nice brown wrapper - not maduro, but not light CT shade color either. No strong or ugly veins. Clean cut with my Xicar, no annoying little pieces falling out after the cut. Burn was also very good - nice rich gray ash, firm and not flaky at all. Had first tip into the ashtray at about 1.5 inches.

Taste was wonderful. A clean, consistent smoke with a smooth finish. Nothing harsh at all. Even had to re-light it after a short stop at the store and no problems with taste at all. Nubbed it and enjoyed the aftertaste all the way down. Would call it a medium bodied smoke. A very enjoyable smoke.

The thing that's different about this smoke is that they claim it to be "the first completely organic grown cigar to come along since the indians stopped rolling their own." It is produced in "limited quanities," but I would recommend this smoke to anyone. Famous Smoke has them for $143.95/box and I think that's a little high. I would be willing to pay about a buck a box. Rates about an 8 out of 10. Lower rating at the FS cost.

JDHerfer is offline   Reply With Quote