Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2002, 07:46 PM   #1
Stonewall
Club Member

Stopped in at Georgia Cigars today and picked up a CAO Extreme belicoso. On the way out of the humidor, I noticed that the La Perla Habana "Black Pearl" was on sale ($2 off). I'd hear good things about the Black Pearls from Lagniappe, so I put the CAO back and bought a La Perla that that a light dusting of plume on it. This is a very good cigar! The Black Pearl is a very firm cigar but the draw was perfect. Plenty of smoke and a firm dark grey ash. The best thing about this cigar, though, is it's flavor. Very complex nutty/cocoa taste with just a hint of sweetness. Started off in the medium range and really began to flex it's muscle about half way down. By the end, I'd call it a full bodied smoke. Had just a little spice (which is ok with me), just enough for a little tingle on the tongue. Burned perfectly to the nub. I'd say that it is similar in taste to the CAO Extreme. I'm going to go back and buy some more while they're on sale. Highly recommended cigar!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards."