Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2004, 01:50 PM   #1
Smoker06
Herf God

Blind review: ET #2 - Fuente Fuente Opus X Fuente Fuente

ET #2

5.5 x 43

Pre-light
A very pretty colorado-maduro wrapper, nice and straight, nary a blemish, no appreciable veins. The only visible flaw is a poorly applied cap, rather lumpy and the edge aren’t glued all the way down. My cutter will take care of that though. This cigar has a very solid feel. I can best descrie the aroma as florally chocolate. Quite nice. I was able to make a beautiful clip using my trusty SAK – nice and straight, no tobacco dust. The prelight draw is perfect, not tight and not loose.

Post light

From the first puff, it is evident that this is a very strong cigar, almost bowling me over from the start
It’s a tough light and looks like it wants to tunnel on me. This is probably my fault as I didn’t let it rest in my humidor long enough. I usually like to let a cigar sit a week to stabilize to the conditions I like. But with ET knocking out his three reviews so quickly, I’m under the gun.

This cigar has a light gray, almost white ash, flaky and not very solid. I tapped it off at about ¾ of an inch. Cigar is still strong and tasty. The flavors are very woodsy tasting. I like it. Burn is starting to go crooked on me, might require a touch-up. We’ll see. At the halfway point, the burn is evening itself out and the strength is starting to mellow. Perhaps, I’m just getting used to it. Not much change in flavor though. The end of the cigar is not much different than the middle.

Overall Impressions

This is a straight forward, no nonsense strong, full-bodied cigar. Despite the strength, there is no harshness. The finish is also very pleasant despite its strength. Overall flavor is slightly lacking and one-dimensional. All in all, this is a good cigar. I’d definitely smoke this again.

Appearance: 9/10
Construction: 9/10
Flavor: 17/20
Finish: 9/10
Smoking experience: 17/20
Aroma: 9/10
Overall impression: 17/20

Final tally – 87

My guess -- Bolivar Fuerte Corona.