Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
Mr. Mild
Club Member

The Conqueror conquered me

Contrary to the inference provided by my CW member name, I don't really smoke that many mild cigars anymore. In fact lately I've been on a full-flavored bender and I've had several notable successes in a row with some new releases. So when I saw this new sampler at a reasonable price (with free shipping!), I took a shot.

Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur Legend
The Conqueror 6 1/4" by 54

Warning: This is not your father's Excaliber. Even though I prepared by eating a big bowl of beef stew first, just in case, this cigar knocked me on my ass. At the half way point I had to put the thing down. I retired to my Laz-y-Boy and didn't move a muscle for at least 45 minutes.

As for the cigar itself, the wrapper was gorgeous, the flavor was very big and satisfying but not overly complex. I am looking forward to smoking the two remaining smaller vitolas in the sampler.

Obviously I'm not a member of the CW FFF, but I sure would like to hear what you guys think of this one!
Mr. Mild is offline   Reply With Quote