Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
qajariaq
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Joya de Nicaragua Antano Lancero

A great-looking cigar that seemed to offer the promise of a long, tasty smoke. From the initial flame, there is no doubt the Antano line is anything but full-flavor and full-body. Not as harsh or peppery as I had anticipated, the flavor was woodsy and full of spice, with the distinct taste of bell peppers coming through. Complex with a lot of subtleties. The aroma was heavenly. But damn, these should come with warning labels!!! Something like 'Do not operate vehicles while smoking' or 'Get ready to be kicked in the teeth", etc. It was a poor choice of cigar for my drive home this evening, especially since I smoked it before eating dinner. Had to pull over a couple of times to collect myself, felt like puking for the last 40 miles of my trip. Tasty, but the overwhelming strength is not my cup of tea. If I want a bitch slapping, I'll mouth off to the wife (at least that doesn't make me puke!).
qajariaq is offline   Reply With Quote