Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
Bernie*C

MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian

It's been a very long time since I've had the pleasure of smoking authentic Syrian latakia, perhaps, twenty years. While I've purchased some blends that claimed to have Syrian, not Cyprian latakia, I'm convinced, more than ever, that the latakia in the former blends was not from Syria.

MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian is advertised as being over half Syrian latakia plus Turkish, some Kentucky burley, and a 3-nation blend of Virginias. I can certainly attest to the assertion of the Syrian latakia content. It's extraordinary.

Today, August 1, 2006, was the announced release date of the tobacco, but it's been available for a few weeks at a couple of retailers. I was fortunate enough to be gifted a tin, this past Saturday. I've since ordered a few tins, though it's a bit pricey @$14.00 per 100 gram tin.

For those who enjoy Cyprian latakia laden, "traditional" English blends, Vintage Syrian may be too mild. It smokes very cool and dry, never harsh. The room note is pleasant; not like an aromatic, but 360 degrees away from Penzance or 965.

I found it at cupojoes.com.

http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm...item=mcbhhs100
Bernie*C is offline   Reply With Quote