Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2014, 03:35 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

BG Meyer, Standard Issue

Went to my local cigar shop yesterday to pick up a box of my LFD DL 700 Maduro sticks. I looked around the humidor as a number of new sticks has been added since the owner returned from the cigar show in Vegas. Usually after Vegas the owner adds new varieties which is nice for us herfers that don't venture far from our go-to smoke. Something new to try.

Anyway a buddy was there and he had a handful of new sticks called BG Meyer, Standard Issue. He said he tried one and liked it so I grabbed one and headed toward checkout.

BG Meyer is a new brand to me never heard of it. It looked like a stick I would like. I picked up a BGM, Habano wrapped gordo with Nicaraguan binder and filler.

Gotta say I was wonderfully unimpressed. From light up to halfway through. I couldn't finish it and I rarely toss a stick only halfway in. Upon light up the taste took me back many many years to when I use to sneak one of Grandpas Hav-a-Tampa sticks from the colorful gold trimmed box. It tasted like cheap low end mass produced 7-11 selling crap. It didn't get better.

And it had a huge wrapper to be removed only to find another wrapper underneath to be removed not to count the third wrapper before I could fire it up. Not a fan of the sticks with endless wrappers to be removed at all.

--Dan
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote