Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2004, 10:54 PM   #1
smelly4tay

Oliva Master Blends robusto

Tonight I chose one of my consistent new go-to's.......OMB robusto with a huge mug of French Roast coffee.

I clipped this very well-constructed robusto with my SwissArmyKnife, with ease. A crisp, but not too dry of slice.

Toasting the foot brought on the classic Oliva leathery aroma, and eventually lighting the foot, and taking my first few puffs......effortless! I had this bad-boy cherried quickly and was immidiately thrown into my chair with a magnificent bit of spice.

The first half-inch was an amped up version of the "O" Bold, pumping out large volumes of rich smoke. Very high-quality, and well-blended tobacco were what I was thinking, as i was trying to put my finger on a description for the intial blast from the cigar.

After 2 inches of staring off into space, and recovering from the spicy uppercut....it mellowed out into a very creamy, cedary smoke with tons of soft flavor. WOW! These darn Oliva's get better every time I smoke one! First ash fell, and I am in Heaven!

Just before nubbing this fine smoke, and after contemplating the roach-clip....I got a last "goodbye" in the form of the same spice that this cigar began with.

Overall impression: For a fairly new release, I give these very high marks. Atleast a 9 out of 10. The soft, but solid ash held on for 2 inches....and the burn was very even. No touch-ups needed.

Highly recommended!!!!!

My first CW review.

Dave
smelly4tay is offline   Reply With Quote