Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2005, 02:12 AM   #1
sucol
Club Member

ebay problems!

I've recently had two problems buying pipes on ebay:

(1) I bought a Dunhill pot from a seller named "pastime hobbies." It was advertised with "ORIGINAL MOUTHPIECE" in bold letters. It also had some long-winded crap called "History Lesson", showing off the guy's knowledge about pipes. After I won, hes sent several e-mails trying to sell me two other Dunhills off the ebay books. I elected not to buy them, and good thing. The pipe I won arrived with a poor quality replacement stem ("mouthpiece" - I should have known!) I emailed him back and no reply! I had to file a grievance through PayPal, and it took me a month to get my money back. Yipe!

(2) I won a Charatan blast from a "shakey53" which arrived with - you guessed it! A cheap replacement stem, not even mentioned in the listing. I sent an e-mail and received a nice reply, just send it back, etc., so I did. The pipe arrived and I get a NEW e-mail from his wife or domestic partner or whatever - very snotty - about how the pipe was sold "as is" and maybe I should read the listing, etc. So off to PayPal I go to file another grievance! What a headache.

I've had ggod experiences, too - but I would now ask plenty of questions before pulling the trigger, and if the photos do not show the pipe from every angle, I would request additional pics by e-mail or move on!

Just my 2 cents ...