Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Maccabee

Humidification Beads

I have a humidor that holds 100-150 cigars, don't remember the exact storage capacity. I have 2 traditional humidifier in there, the fill it with distilled water round ones that came with it. But i also have a 2oz jar of beads that says to 70% on the jar. I even filled all three with the special stuff you can buy in store the 50/50 stuff i cant remember the name and could not spell it anyway. My digital hydrometer, which was working just fine when i first set this all up over a year ago is read 64%. This has me concerned. Now the beads seem to be moist, and are above the full line. I do not believe my other humidifiers emptied out in week. So, any ideas? could it be simply my room temperature is throwing it off? if i had to guess my room temp is around 70. I am thinking of buying another jar of beads, or another humidifier as it takes up less room.
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote