Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #1
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Any interest in a candela sampler

Before WWII and for a time after, most cigars sold were wrapped in green candela tobacco. There's been a recent trend where Candela's are being made available again. The market is limited and so are the places that you can still purchase them.

I don't have a solid plan in mind, but about 15 years ago, I bought a bunch of different brands and vitolas and offered samplers based on cost and shipping. Before I work out specifics, I wanted to see if there's any interest in repeating the experiment. Roughly, it would be approximately 20 cigars, 2 sticks of each. Box price averages about $120-150 for each, so we're looking at about $5 a cigar on average, or $160-170 per sampler, shipping included.

If you are interested, post here on this thread and if we can get 10 participants, I can make it happen. We're not talking alts, although those are available. Fuentes and several other brands you would recognize have candela wrapped offerings.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote