Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
Bernie*C

Tinder Box 1928 Reserve

A friend called to ask if I'd sampled Tinder Box 1928 Reserve. I probably replied something like, "I've never been in a Tinder Box and have no idea what their blends are like." I guess most folks think that there are Tinder Box units all over the U.S.. Not I. He went on to say that he thought I'd like it, as it's a McClelland blended Virginia with a bit of burley and, perhaps, a touch of an aromatic casing.

So, I played Detective Bernie and went on line seeking Tinder Box 1928 Reserve. Ah, ha...I found it at several Tinder Box sites. In that it's a house brand, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Here's the description:

Quote:
Tinder Box Reserve 1928 is the first new addition to our tobacco bar in over three years. We went to The McClelland Tobacco Company with our criteria in hand: the tobacco had to be intriguing to the eye, have uniqueness to the nose and be ever so pleasing to the palate. In addition, this is only the second time in history that Tinder Box has introduced a tinned tobacco to our loyal pipe smokers. Because this new blend hearkens our roots, we called upon the touch of a master blender to come up with a blend so unique and so delicious, it is destined to be our top selling tobacco of all time. Tinder Box Reserve 1928 has the panache, the sophistication, the delicacy to satisfy a pipe smoker of refined taste and independent means. It is easy to pack, and has a subtle, natural sweetness. A cool, dry smoke with a light pleasing aroma. The composition of this new tobacco is Red Virginia, Orange Virginia, Virginia Flake, and a touch of Burley. It burns great, has a fantastic re-light, a nice subtle sweet taste, no after taste and burns to a nice clean ash.

Made Exclusively for Tinder Box by McClelland Tobacco Co.
Well, in my Google search for Tinder Box Reserve 1928, I stumbled upon a discount code coupon of 20% off of anything at http://www.tinderbox.com/

I did a little more Dick Tracy work and found that the coupon expired in March. But, just for fun, I did a Google search on the code BTFF0720 and it came up as an expired discount, but also directed me to a couple of forums where contributors wrote that the coupon code still worked.

So, I went to the site, and plugged in all make, matter, and size of purchases, punched in the code BTFF0720 and, bingo, the final tabulations had a 20% discount. It didn't matter if it was pipe tobacco, Ashton VSG samplers, Don Pepin samplers, etc.

At first I erred and inserted the code where it said "gift coupon" and it didn't work, then I went to the confirm page where it said discount code, punched it in and, got the 20% off.

This site was the cheapest for 1928 Reserve, $9.50 for 50 grams, less $1.90=$7.60. Several other Tinder Box sites were selling it for $13.00.

I hope the code works for others.
Bernie*C is offline   Reply With Quote