Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
vasmoker

Saint Luis Rey Churchill

This cigar was light brown with very slight reddish hues. I lit the smoke up about 5 holes (and +15) into my first round of golf in about seven months. The first draw on this nicely rolled cigar from a dress box dated Sep ’03 brought flavors of leather and slight spice. The draw was nearly perfect and the cigar burned neatly over the next 2 hours. Occasional relights were only necessary due to my inattention, my slow short game, and the wind from riding in a cart. After the initial half inch or so, the flavor turned to caramel and coffee with cream with some very slight spice, but with few sweet notes.

In summary, a magnificent and very underrated cigar based on this sampling. Only my second from the box and I look forward to many pleasant hours ahead.

My golf game also improved appreciably immediately upon lighting.
vasmoker is offline   Reply With Quote