Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2003, 07:42 PM   #1
HBooker
Club Member

Red Label Robusto A bundeled cigar

A bundled Cigar..

I arrived home to find a gift box it was a bundle with a note "From James" James is known as Alpha Wolf. He sure is a great guy.

I opened up the bundle and pulled out one of the cigars. I checked it out - how good could it be its a bundle right? So I open the cello and I find a great looking cigar of solid construction wrapper that is not veiny or rough. I clipped this cigar and tooka pre light draw it was a near plugged draw - so I whipped out one of my aparatisus and fixed that.

Now the scent and pre draw flavorings where not that spectacular, but it did lack any essence of ammonia that you would expect from a bundlded gar.

I toasted the end and checked that scent adn I was surprised, hey that smells pretty good actually. I lit the gar and took a few draws, I felt it was a stronger type gar and a bit harsh. (Not uncomon for the first 1 inch or so.) This cigar smoothed out fast. withing 3/4" so I kept trying to place the flavor it wasn't a multi flaovered cigar really kind of a singular flavoring.

A tanned leather type scent (flavor) but not quite all that. this is one of those cigars you say its good but it tastes like? A cigar!

It got hot for a few minutes, but the burn was great and the ash was a solid modled grey light/medum. grey

I kept smoking this after it cooled a bit (I let her rest a minute) she fired right back up without help form any source. The burning scent was not offensive to anyone in the house, they ussually comment when I try a real dog rocket.

All in all I can say if you have not tried these I would do so right away, becasue the cost vs Value this cigar rocks!

Again let me say thank you to James a true brother of the leaf.

Hbooker
4/11/03

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a Tree
HBooker is offline   Reply With Quote