Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2003, 09:03 PM   #1
HBooker
Club Member

ButthIba By Silverstate Cigar

You may think that sounds funny but it really started out with that name, kinda as a joke. A Home made smoke by OPT

I got 3 sample Robustos this one is the Madduro version.

Butthiba
Brazillian Maduro
Vintage 2003
Construction was excellent firm a bit veiny but a nice solid gar. I clipped the top and the draw was rather firm not plugged but hearty. I toasted the end and checked the scent nice seems like it going to be a good gar.
Took a draw, it had a solid flavor a bit of a bite - could use some resting time, but not sick.
The flavor profile, was rather multi faceted it had a few different dimensions to it. Kind of a powerful smoke a full bodied rich maduro flavor. I'm enjoying it seriously. The flavor profile is a bit different than many others it had a woody flavor but it carried subtle tones of what I would say was a sweet and citrus type flavor. Yet it's way more of a hearty wood flavoring.

The draw got almost plugged so I hit it with a poker and the smoke volume went nuts! It got even richer.
The ash was solid as a tree branch it your smoking in a ash contest this its the gar to use for sure.
The burn was pretty good on this one, it required 1 minor touch up. the smoke did get a bit warm - I was enjoying this gar. As it went on it had a familiar leathery type flavor and the scent was a smell of a super premium cigar.
Now knowing how rare these cigars actually are I thought to myself too bad because most of my friends would dig these. The after taste- the flavor it left in my mouth was a strong tingly

A great experience that one should have with a cigar.

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a Tree
HBooker is offline   Reply With Quote