Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
b0rderman
Club Member

O.K...so i revived some leaf, how should it feel?

When I was packing up some of my cigar stuff to bring out to CO for school I found in my desk drawer a tin of Peterson Irish Oak, almost full. I bought it when I did some sampling of pipe tabacco's at my local shop and i wanted to compare flavor of their billions of houseblends with this peterson tin I could buy anywhere (boy do I miss thier "trout stream" blend).

Anywho.... This tin has been drying out for some time and I revived it as per the sticky on this page....now, I am almost positive it is overhumidified and I have a couple bowls worth drying out as we speak for an afternoon study/pipe smoke session (first time in about a year, for both activities ).

My question to you guys is how should it feel? Should you be able to pinch a clump and have it stick together somewhat or should it crackle when you pinch it....

for reference I have never used a hygro for my cigars....beads and pinch/feel/smoke qualities have been more than enough...so I am decent at feeling for moisture by now....should it feel heavier than dry? or not that wet?

blah blah blah....just wondering if someone could give me their impressions on the feel of the tabacco prior to packing one up

Thank ya much,

Stefan
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote