Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
apachebell

My poor cigars...

A buddy called me today and asked me some cigar questions, which re-lit the fire, so to speak. I have been out of the cigar game for about 2 years now. Life just got in the way, job changes, wife in college, lots of travel for work... cigars went waaaay on the back burner. Looking back, it would have been a great stress reliever.

My poor 120 qt coolerdor has been neglected nearly the entire time. I think I added distilled water 2 or 3 times in the 2 year period. My cigars (around 100 in boxes) are hurting badly... very dry. No bugs, no cracking, no mold (obviously), but very, very dry! My beads are dark yellow. It's a wreck. I need to get some distilled water and some new beads and get it back in shape.

Do you think I should try to resurrect them slowly or just put the wet beads back in one fell swoop? I was also thinking of dampening the cedar pieces I have attached to the walls of the cooler.