Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #19
HerfManiac
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky70 View Post
I've never seen a beetle but since I never want to see 'em, I freeze. Someone mentioned not freezing cigars from trusted sources, but IMO there is no such thing as a trusted source when it comes to beetles.

The exception is singles I get from a B&M as I quarantine these in a small humidor as I expect to smoke them soon...but if I have some B&M singles that I won't get too soon, I now freeze them too and just add them to "general population". Anything in general population has been frozen.

Maybe not a bad idea. Back about ten years ago a big brick & mortar shop here had a major outbreak of them bastiges. I walked into the humi one day and saw the guy inspecting and pulling boxes off of the shelf. I asked what was going on and he showed me.... I just left without buying!
You four eyed bastard geek peckerwood son of a bitch, you better hope I never see your ugly nerd face in my waking moments or I'll leave you looking like a possum that tried crossing I44 with a blindfold on!---Briandg
HerfManiac is offline   Reply With Quote