Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
0patience

Cool Your B&M shop

Tonight, I ran into town and we were going by the local cigar/tobacco shop. He doesn't have a huge assortment, but has always tried to make sure he carried the cigars I like, which I really appreciate. Things hadn't been so well the last year, so I haven't been going in a lot.

Tonight I stopped in and grabbed some cigars and he told me he picked up some Don Tomas Cameroon Collection perfecto #2 cigars with me in mind, cause he knows I like cameroons.
And I do like them. So I grabbed a couple, along with my normal Torano 1916 and CAO America.

Then he hands over some "samples" that he had set a side for me. He then tells me that he had more for me, but hadn't seen me in for a while and thought something was wrong or someone there made me unhappy. I thanked him for thinking of me and explained why I hadn't been in for a bit and it wasn't that anyone had done there.

The sample thing got me thinking. If you deal with a shop and they go out of their way to keep you happy, even if you can't/aren't going to make some purchases, at least stop by and say Hi to them and look around. My local shop actually was storing "samples" for me. All I had to do was go in and say hi.

Good shops are hard to find, so we should support them and stop by even when things may be tough and we can't make the purchases we want.

Ok, stepping down from my soap box now. Fire away.

Last edited by 0patience; 04-26-2012 at 04:28 PM.
0patience is offline   Reply With Quote