Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
Cigar_Jack
Club Member

Rocky Patel Sungrown Toro

Rocky Patel Sungrown Toro

Now that I'm finally able to breathe again I took some time to relax and enjoy a cigar. After several minutes of scavenging through my humidor I chose the Rocky Patel Sungrown Toro that was gifted to me by Bill (Torpedo2) from Cigar Weekly. I was not impressed with the first one I tried so I decided to give this cigar a second chance since I'm a big fan of Rocky's cigars.

The construction was excellent with no flaws in the wrapper. Pre-light clip and draw was to my liking so I quickly toasted the foot and indulged. My palate was on tonight because I was assaulted by a variety flavors as I smoked this beauty. Coffee and leather started out the overall impression and the longer it burned hints of other spices emerged. I was teased with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg as the cigar progressed to the halfway point. The cigar had a pleasent flavor up until the moment I had to put it down or burn my fingers.

Set aside plenty of time if you pick up any of the larger sized Rocky Patel's Cigars because they are best smoked slow and do burn slow. I was shocked at how long I had smoked before I had an inch long ash on the end of my cigar. I had a bit of cognac again tonight with this cigar and they did compliment each other alright, but the cigar may be a bit bold for the drink. I'd say this cigar is a medium cigar with some fairly bold flavors, it fits nicely in between the Vintage and Edge lines that I'm rather fond of horading.
Cigar_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote