Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 01-25-2002, 08:48 AM   #1
Frankhouse

This was a cigar that I looked forward to smoking with much anticipation. I was disappointed. Here is a review I posted in the data base today:
By appearances, the cigar looked quite inviting. A natural col/mad wrapper was free of defects. The large ring ga. was not comfortable to smoke IMHO. The bunch was loose creating a very loose draw. That combined with the wide girth made it too hard to get any smoke volume. The burn was erratic and required constant touching up. Ash was dk. gray and med density. Med/hvy strength full bodied flavor of average complexity. There was slt. earthiness and some ligero pop, but generally just straight forward tobacco that was fairly harsh. The finish was average length with a sour bite to it. Not recommended.
Frankhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:05 AM   #2
bigbear

Thank you for your review.

www.bigbearworks.com

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx
bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:23 AM   #3
Purosdave
Club Member

I have a box of #4s that have been aging and are really delicious right now. I would recommend trying another one before you totally right them off.

I'd rather be driving; either golf balls or my Dodge!
Purosdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:52 AM   #4
spiridon
Herf God

The #4s are my favorites in the Serie R line. I guess bigger is not always better.

I stay in a place called "Rooms"....there's a whole chain of them. £
Old 01-25-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
rassman
Starting Member

Have t agree with the #4's. Very nice in Maduro. I've got a box going their second birthday soon. Only box i've ever aged that developed bloom.
rassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 08:57 PM   #6
burghguy
Starting Member

I love these...dont give up on them yet.
burghguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 05:03 AM   #7
sucol
Club Member

I'm with burghguy on this - though I have found the #4 and #5 to not have the problems you and others, myself included, have noted in the #6 and #7. I also find that a little aging improves them, and I much prefer the maduro. If you'd like a #4 and #5 maddie with some age on them, drop me an e-mail.

"... smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments of life, and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you." - Sigmund Freud
Old 01-27-2002, 10:55 AM   #8
grinnin
Club Member

Cigar with larger that a 52 ring guage pretty much tend to dislocate my jaw..I make occasional concessions to this by smoking ERDM robustos, but the big ring fad just does not interest me...give me a regular old 50 ring robusto, a corona or good petit corona, and I'm much happier!!

BTW, I really enjoyed the LGC series R #4 maduro.

Forgotten, but not Gone!
grinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 02:38 PM   #9
elzorro1955

I have to agree with the #4 fans(both natural and maduros). In fact, I think I will fire one up now!
Old 01-28-2002, 04:16 PM   #10
jojoscigars
Club Member

Have to agree with purosdave .You need to smoke a few more .I smoked a box of no 5's already and have one sitting .