Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Benecio
Charter Member
Herf Meister

70's ERdM Lonsdale

Slid lid box
Hecho en Cuba
Claro
Provenance-2nd owner

I've owned these cigars for 5 years and everytime I smoke one its better than the previous....

Firm roll, typical old school Havana smoke

Pre-light has everything that draws cuban cigar enthusiasts to vintage smokes,etheral and delicate with a distinct mustiness that speaks volumes about whats to come........a cigar thats been nurtured and kept for 30 years or better.

This is an event thats to be cherished,from roasting the foot and inhaling the wisps of smoke the cigars releases to admiring the cigar visually.

First draws reveal a floral profile,typical in my experience with cigars of extreme age.

One third in the flavors become wispy and muted ,oh no has this cigar expired,past its prime possibly. I re-evaluate my smoking style and determine when I ash the cigar and see the huge cone I'm pushing this smoke,need to slow it down let it cool off a bit.

Second third after slowing down the flavors open up as does the strength. Amazing cigar,delicate flavor of bees wax yet mouth filling tangy body,AMAZING!!

Final third,I have to crack the ash to remove it, beautiful med.cone,huge shoulder at the burn line. I honestly can't describe the flavor,honeyed and peaty I guess,smooth and mouth coating,deceptively strong imo,heavenly aroma permeates my living room....tastes and smells like good ol cuban tobacco to me.........LOL. Sorry fellas its tobacco to me.

What a wonderful smoke from a time gone by,thrilled to own 'em,honored to smoke 'em,20 more to go.
RIP..CW member hoyo#9

In Gods embrace,Marlo Cabot
Benecio is offline   Reply With Quote