Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
N99
Herf Meister

San Cristobal Guajiro

Just finished smoking a San Cristobal Guajiro that was provided straight from the Yummy Cave by Ocat (TYVM btw) and thought it deserved a review since it was fresh in my mind.

The setting was outside on a clear night, cold, but I have a nice propane heater to keep my hands warm on such nights. I paired the cigar with bottled water, as I wanted to keep a clear palate since it was my first. This cigar would pair well with a nice single malt scotch or a heavy port I think. I was listening to some old radio shows I had downloaded. The cigar itself looked wonderful, nice and dark, firm and solid as a pipe, but the prelight draw was perfect.

Upon light I noticed a peppery sweet flavor that was pleasant and somewhat overpowering an earthiness that went away in the first inch or so. That gave way to a leather-lemon zest flavor that intensified throughout the cigar, and the spicy-sweet mutated into a tabasco pepper that stayed throughout the entire cigar. Burn was razor sharp, ash was strong and stayed over an inch several times. To say I enjoyed this cigar is an understatement, it was fantastic! Full bodied and flavored, I smoked this rock solid cigar for an hour and a half of bliss with no problems whatsoever. 6.6" x 46 ring was just not enough, I nubbed that sucker until I literally burned my fingers. In my cigar book I gave it a 9.5, one of the highest scores I have ever given any cigar. Don Pepin did right on this cigar.

Ocat, I can't thank you enough for providing one of the best cigars I have ever smoked.

THINK, GADDAMIT!

gone bad (fff)
N99 is offline   Reply With Quote