Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
AnejoMofo
Club Member

Rocky P Decade, Torpedo

Here's a short review:

I had the opportunity to fire one of these up today. I cut the torpedo cap fairly short, leaving about a 3/8" diameter opening. This produced a perfect draw that I've come to expect from RP cigars. The Decade lit easily and immediately produced ample quantities of smoke. The burn was flawless throughout and the cigar held a 2" ash. The flavor was rich, bearing similarity to The Edge but without the bite. Indeed, this cigar was strong in flavor but mild in "power". Overall, this is not a bad smoke. However, through all the hype it fails to reproduce the quality of Olde World Reserve (the maduro OWR remains my favorite RP cigar) or the vintage series. Bottom line: definitely try it but don't expect the "Holy Grail of Tobacco".

-AM
"Always have cigars; the rest you can fix." -Ernesto Padilla
_______
RIP Cubano67
AnejoMofo is offline   Reply With Quote