Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2004, 05:46 AM   #1
Deriffe
Herf Meister

Toraño Tribute Torpedo

Thanks to the generosity of Smoker06, I was fortunate to get my mits on a Toraño Tribute. Frank sent me two Torpedo's to try out. I have smoked the first one and so far have maintained enough self control to hang on the 2nd one.

The cigar was one of the best constructed cigars I have ever smoked. It clearly had come from a good home and was in perfect condition. The wrapper was flawless with an oily sheen. The cut was effortless and the prelight draw was perfect, drawing me into the cigar with promises of great things to some. It did not disappoint. It produced the right amount of smoke without any "Mount Vasuvius" impressions. The cigar has been called "full bodied" but mine was more of a medium bodied smoke. The flavor was awesome. The ash was firm and gray and would not fall off until I helped it. The burn was crisp and never needed a touch up through the full length of the cigar. The earthy, tobacco taste lasted throughout the entire cigar and never became harsh or bitter. I nubbed it until my fingers were burning. I enjoyed this cigar immensely.

Thank you Smoker06 for a great gift. I've got some Churchills I was able to recently find at my local shop that are resting. I can't wait to try them next.

http://www.myspace.com/deriffe01
Deriffe is offline   Reply With Quote